BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.28.2010

A Push and A Pull

When I'm around you
It's a gamble.
Each step,
Each move,
Is a risk.
I have to watch what I say, what I do, what I think
Just to make you happy
Just to make you believe everything is alright.
But the facade is beginning to crumble
It's falling apart
At my fingertips
Where I've held it all together for so long.
And the mask is beginning to fade
It's washing away
From my face
Where I've painted it on for years.
So while you push,
I'm pulling.
Soon we're going to drift away.
No one is going to take responsibility for their mistakes
And we're going to forget each other.
Lost in a sea of regret.
I've tried to paddle towards you time and time again
But you're disappearing
Too quick to comprehend
And too slow to notice.
And once we've lost it
It will be gone.
Forever.

0 comments: