BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

4.08.2012

Thoughts after American Beauty

There are times when I have the sudden desire to create. I want to add to the world in a beautiful, unforgettable way. However, I lack the confidence. I see the wonders that others have created, that fill me unimaginable desire and hope for the future, and I don't see how I could ever compare. I want to leave a mark on the world that tells everyone about me, about the inspiring creativity that I believe I possess. But grow afraid because often the world doesn't listen or doesn't seem to care. Rather than looking at life as a conglomeration of each of our vast efforts, many people look only at themselves as individuals. That, I believe, is one of the main reasons our society is so very sad. We each strive to be the best individual we believe we can be, but when we reach our goals it isn't enough and we want more. The endless striving for perfection within ourselves drives us insane, drives us to depression and drugs and alcohol and sex because of their temporary and easy satisfaction. And, when we sober up, everything becomes meaningless again to the point where we see no point and beg for self-destruction. Rather than playing this game, feeding the monster that is there to eat each of our souls, we should break free. We should hold each other up, praise each other, make each other feel good. Through this we can find that longed for satisfaction. Only through this. There is no other substitution and everything else you use to try to fill that hole doesn't fit right. When you make someone else feel you, you find the ultimate joy that is your heart's greatest passion. When others feel good, you feel good. Why bring others down to your sorrowful, pitiful, meaningless grief when you can raise them up to more than what you can be on your own? And who knows, maybe if you do this for others, others will do the same for you. The world should be a win-win situation rather than a lose-lose-death situation. I beg for us all to one day realize this.

0 comments: