BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

5.17.2010

Absence

I'm still searching for your face in the crowds. And I see it. Amid the passersby, when I'm looking from an angle, I catch a glimpse of your outline. And you're smiling. You're holding your arms open as if wanting to embrace me. To catch me with your body. But when I turn to run in your direction, you disappear, vanishing more and more as my own smile fades to nothing. My sprint slows to a stop. I stand in the middle of all these people. Lonely. Then I feel it begin. The heat builds behind my eyes, and the liquid flows rapidly to the ground. It's uncontrollable. Unstoppable. So I just let it happen. I stare at what was once there. A phantom. An irreplaceable being. And all I feel is hatred towards the one I love so much. But all I can do is walk away. And hope, if it may be, it will be.

0 comments: